Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
Once known as a trucking company. UPS is now recognized as a technology company with trucks and is poised for success. Spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology, UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to start your career.
Supports UPS- strategic objectives through auditing, monitoring, documenting, and reporting on internal IT business processes, policies, and procedures to improve internal controls and minimize risk.-
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Tests General Computer Controls (e.g.., logical security and program change control for operating system, database, application and network environments, computer operations, and datacenter physical security), as well as business cycle controls and IT application testing. The testing is performed for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) as well as risk based audits.
* Develops audit test steps or programs to ensure control areas provide comprehensive coverage.
* Schedule and conduct informational interviews with auditees for familiarization, process walkthrough, and key control identification purposes.
* Gathers and analyzes test populations to validate the adequacy of information provided.
* Selects and evaluates data sampling to ensure proper selection and statistical representation based on risk ratings.
* Performs medium to high complexity audit testing to evaluate the effectiveness of IT, business, and regulatory control functions.
* Completes audit administrative tasks and works on special requests to meet project objectives.-
* Identifies IT control weaknesses, process gaps and non-compliance exceptions during audit testing.
* Prepares comprehensive, well-written audit work papers documenting the test steps performed, audit results, and recommendations.-
* Develops and communicates preliminary findings to provide information to Internal Audit Management and auditees prior to formal review and closing meetings.
* Participates in the resolution of disputed audit findings.
* Demonstrates effective communication skills (oral, report writing and presentation).
* Collaborates and works in a team-oriented work environment.
* Identifies and communicates potential areas for audit process improvements or innovation to ensure efficient auditing methods.
* Independently complete audit work assignments with minimal supervisory oversight.
* Recommends improvements in policies, procedures, processes, operations and systems across UPS.
* Identifies technology and control risks within each area.
* -A minimum of 2 years work experience in IT auditing, preferably as an external auditor in one of the big four accounting firms - or - internal auditor in a large corporation having a large and diverse IT environment
* -Experience auditing z/OS, Linux, Unix, Windows, DB2, Oracle, SQL RDBMS, experience with Top Secret, RACF, Active Directory a plus
* -Must be able to apply judgment, objectivity and professional skepticism in the evaluation of audit related data provided by auditees
* -Ability to identify IT control weaknesses and non-compliance exceptions during audit testing
* -Ability to collaborate and work in a team-oriented work environment
* -Self-starter with strong decision making abilities
* -Proficient in Microsoft tools (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word)
* -Ability to maintain confidentiality
* -Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* -Excellent organizational skills
* -Excellent time management skills
* -Able to multi-task and be proactive in addressing issues quickly
* -Project management skills
* -Advanced computer skills including experience with data mining and data analytic tools
Bachelor-s degree in Accounting or Information Technology, additional education a plus. Professional certification preferred (e.g., CISA, CIA, CISSP, CPA, CFE), additional certifications a plus.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer - race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity
https://www.dice.com/jobs/detail/IT-Staff-Au ditor-II/10120942A/107849?CMPID=EM_SV_UP _JS_AV_JA_1&utm_ source=Server&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=&utm_ca mpaign=Job%2BAlerts