Our client is seeking a Controller to assist the Chief Finance Officer. The Controller also supports the accounting team in all finance areas, including accounting operations, financial reporting, tax reporting, external audit management, general ledger reconciliation and overall internal controls.
Essential Job Functions
-Assist in the preparation of the monthly accounting close process and prepare/review the monthly financial statements and financial reports for the Chief Finance Officer.
-Manage the general ledger account reconciliations and substantiation process.
-Assist with cash management for all business lines including wires and credit cards.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain and monitor all internal controls and ensures safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Assist with all banking activity and maintenance of general ledger including account reconciliations.
- Responsible for processing of accounts payable and receivable, billing and vendor/contractor files.
- Help manage the US Federal, state and local tax compliance process assisting with filing annual tax returns, preparing quarterly tax estimates and handling all audit activity.
â¢Minimum of a Bachelorâs degree in Accounting
â¢Financial experience with ideally 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a mid to large size corporation
â¢Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant preferred
â¢Experience in a Retail/E-commerce Environment preferred
â¢Experience with QuickBooks and superior Excel skills
The Controller will supervise an accounting staff of 4-5 personnel; work closely with the executive directors and Chief Finance Officer.
What we offer:
â¢ Benefits including: Medical, Dental and Vision
â¢ Flexible Spending Account
â¢ 401K Plan
â¢ Paid Time Off: Vacation, Sick Leave and Holidays
â¢ Employee Discount Plan
â¢ Fun and casual workplace
Great opportunity for growth in an expanding and exciting company
Qualified candidates please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org