Job Summary: The Data Analyst must have a strong understanding of the Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 environment and a strong background in developing, designing and creating SQL reports and queries. In addition, the successful candidate will have experience with ETL, database administration and performance optimization. The successful candidate will be able to listen effectively to understand user requirements and be able to clearly communicate the results of analysis. This position is located in New Haven, CT.
· Design and develop reports and handle ad-hoc data requests
· Apply critical thinking skills by interacting directly with the requesting party to develop appropriate report parameters, suggesting appropriate content fields and design where appropriate
· Aggregate data from external data sources as well as multiple databases
· Create processes and routines to import and export data with external parties
· Optimize performance of a variety of databases
· Create and maintain detailed operating procedures, configuration documentation, and maintenance plans for the SQL Server environment
· Provide ongoing monitoring, maintenance and support for assigned applications and/or systems